April 22, 2012

Candy Bouquet

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on April 8th.  It was our 6th year and the tradition for 6 years is candy.  I was so excited when I found this out because my husband L.O.V.E.S. candy!!  I had seen some ideas on the infamous Pinterest for candy bouquets and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. 

Supplies:
4 boxes of Movie Theater candy (to make bouquet holder)
Candy (this could be anything, get creative!)
Wooden Skewers
Floral Foam Squares or Styrofoam
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Tape

I apologize, I did not take a picture of each step, only the end result.

I used 2 floral foam squares (approx. 5" x 3") and stacked them on top of each other.  Then I took the boxed candy and hot glued one on each side of the foam squares.  (I did a double layer, but a single layer is perfectly fine.)  Then I taped candy to the wooden skewers (I broke some of the skewers to make them different lengths).  For the lifesavers, I simply poked each one on the skewer like a kabob.  I inserted the skewers into the foam squares until I was happy with the look.  Then I took the DumDum suckers and poked them into the foam squares to use as fillers.  After that, I had some lifesavers left and I just simply sprinkled them around the open areas to also use as fillers. 





This was so fun to make and my husband loved this!! 

In the anniversary card I gave Jad, I wrote a poem to go with the candy bouquet. 
Of course, this is personalized to things between my husband and I, but you could use this to for some ideas.
This is what it said:

You say that I'm your sweetest  heart.  So that makes you my Sweetart.  You have become my Lifesaver.  You keep my heart going TicTac.  You're no DumDum.  I love how big of a Smartie you are.  Anything I need or want, you make sure I get it.  Some people call that a Sugar Daddy.  I disagree, but if it were true we sure have cute Sugar Babies.  As we grow older, we'll continue to put each other's medicine Bottle Caps back on.  And I'll try my hardest to keep that Starburst in your eye.



JMD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Thank You!!